Honest Paws is established in the market of CBD for pets, and is known for their hemp oil and chews for dogs, cats, horses, and other furry friends. Recently, Honest Paws went to the groomers and rebranded. For example, this rebrand included a new solid blue color for all of their products as well as added colors and new names for each product line. Furthermore, their Calm line is light blue, Mobility line is red, Relief line is purple and our favorite, the Wellness line, is now bright green. Additionally, these light green products were previously named Honest Paws Purity, and have shifted to Honest Paws Hemp Oil: Wellness.
Although the brand has a new look and some new titles, this company will not change its commitment to high-quality products that are safe and helpful for animals. Additionally, Honest Paws is the #1 organic, full-spectrum Hemp + CBD for Pets brand in America. Read on to learn more about Honest Paws hemp oil and other products, CBD, and the ways that it can help pets.
Why Honest Paws?
Many pet owners turn to Honest Paws for hemp oil, chews, and infused peanut butter and coconut oil.
Honest Paws prides their products on being:
- Non-GMO, Soy Free, Corn Free, Xylitol Free, Vegan
- Organic, their full-spectrum hemp oil does not include conventional pesticides
- Human Grade – These products are held to human regulations for producing, sourcing, and shipping.
- Made in the USA
- Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free – For consideration of animals with dairy or grain allergies
Honest Paws Wellness Products
As mentioned the Honest Paws Wellness product line includes hemp oil, chews, and infused coconut oil. The Honest Paws Wellness hemp oil has three types; hemp oil for dogs, cats, and horses. For dogs, Honest Paws Wellness oil comes in three sizes depending on the weight of your dog. If your dog is up to 25lbs go with the small, medium if they are 25 to 50lbs and large if they are over 50lbs.
Additionally, the Honest Paws Wellness line includes Wellness Bites and Wellness Coconut Oil. The Wellness line focuses on helping dogs in several ways. There are many reasons that you may consider CBD for your dog that we will discuss further. Some of the top reasons that Honest Paws recommends using their Wellness Hemp Oil is for help with the overall immune system including allergies and other conditions, as well as anxiety and to provide your pet with calmness. Although the Honest Paws line is a bit more expensive compared to other brands, you will get top-quality, natural products from a trusted pet brand.
How can CBD help my dog?
When it comes to the bond with your pet, it’s fur-ever. Okay, that was a bit cheesy. However, we can ALL agree that giving your pet the best care possible is always the goal. In the past few years, many owners have been turning to CBD as a natural way to help their pets. According to a recent report focusing on the CBD market, “pet and animal product sales are estimated to reach $125 million by 2022, representing a 5-year CAGR of 57%, among the fastest-growing sectors in the CBD market.”
As a refresher, CBD (cannabidiol) oil is well-known for its therapeutic qualities. CBD oil is a combination of CBD extraction as well as other terpenes, cannabinoids and base oils. This will not make your pet “high,” and is simply used for relief from certain health conditions. Cannabidiol works with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). This helps to maintain the balance of the ECS and keep the nervous/immune and organs functioning as normal. Dogs, cats, and your other pets have an endocannabinoid system that operates much like humans. Many of the conditions that CBD helps pets with are similar for humans.
Common uses of cbd for dogs
CBD for Dogs with Mental Conditions
CBD for Dogs with Anxiety – Although we will address many physical conditions that CBD can assist with, mental conditions including stress and anxiety are very common in dogs. According to a study by the AVMA, “separation anxiety is one of the most common canine behavior problems and is diagnosed in 20% to 40% of dogs referred to animal behavior practices in North America.” Some common symptoms of anxiety in dogs can include persistent barking, chewing, urinating, tremors, and aggression. At the end of the day, you know your pup, and will often know if they are experiencing anxiety. It could be from moving into a new home, a loud thunderstorm, a visit to the vet, and more. Cannabidiol helps reduce feelings of anxiety and reduce these symptoms.
CBD for Dogs with Physical Conditions
- Cannabidoil for Dogs with Seizures – “Epilepsy is the most common neurological disorder seen in dogs, and affects approximately 0.75% of the canine population,” according to the American Kennel Club and Canine Health Foundation.Cannabidiol helps convulsions for humans, cutting down the length of seizures. Researches at Auburn University’s College of Veterinary Medicine are working on a study of CBD and epileptic dogs. These findings will be very interesting and valuable.
- CBD for Dogs with Arthritis – Osteoarthritis in dogs is common especially the older and larger that they are. Just like humans, CBD can help to provide relief from the pain and inflammation of arthritis. Furthermore, in a study at Cornell University, they concluded that “2 mg/kg of CBD twice daily can help increase comfort and activity in dogs with OA.”
- CBD for Dogs with Cancer – Studies show that CBD can be effective in reducing the spread of tumors. Unfortunately, tumors and cancer can be common for older dogs. Due to this, CBD may be something to consider to provide relief for your dog that is struggling with this disease.
Other reasons that dogs may benefit from CBD include improving their sleeping habits, eating habits, stress, or if they deal with any other types of chronic pain or inflammation. It is always important to speak with your vet about your pet’s pain management plan.
Giving your pet cbd oil
Now that you’ve learned more about Honest Paws and how CBD can help pets, it’s time for you to do your research! Check out the Honest Paws Wellness oil and other products from their line that we offer. Additionally, please reach out to us if you have any questions.