What Do You Need to Know About CBD Flower? – Difference Between CBD and Marijuana Flowers/Bud – What makes CBD Flower? – Can you get a body high? – How does CBD Flower make you feel? – Usage – Product Recommendations – Smoking Flower
What you need to know about cbd flower
What is CBD flower? Do you smoke it like marijuana? Can it get you high? If you’re just hearing of hemp flower for the first time, many of those questions are probably at the forefront of your mind.
You may be familiar with CBD oil, CBD gummies, and other products that contain CBD, but did you know that you can take CBD in flower form as well?
At first glance, you may immediately assume that the flowers are marijuana. You wouldn’t be the only one to assume that, as both flowers look and may even smell similar. The real difference between the two is how they affect your body. While marijuana flowers cause you to experience a “high,” CBD flowers are non-psychoactive so you will not experience any type of head high.
Before you try CBD flower for the first time, you may want to familiarize yourself with what it is and what flower products are best. Check out the information below to learn all the basics.
What is the difference between CBD and marijuana flowers/bud?
CBD flower or hemp flower is produced by the female Cannabis Sativa plants when they reach full maturity.
Cannabis plants produce hemp flowers just like marijuana/weed flowers. Both hemp and marijuana flowers look very similar, and they even smell similar as well. This is because both contain the same terpenes, flavonoids, and other compounds that are characteristic of most cannabis flowers.
What is ‘bud?’ In most cases, they will dry and cure the flower, which turns them into a consumable product called bud. Marijuana flowers are almost always dried to turn them into bud, while CBD flowers often have the oil extracted to be used in various products. However, CBD flowers can also be dried into bud as well.
Although they look and smell similar, CBD and marijuana flowers and bud are different in many ways. These differences include:
- Chemical differences: The biggest difference between hemp and marijuana bud is chemical. While marijuana flowers typically have around 5 to 20 percent THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) content, hemp flowers contain only 0.3 percent THC or less. THC is the compound responsible for any psychoactive and intoxicating effects. So, while marijuana may cause you to experience a head high, hemp will not. This chemical difference is all because certain strains contain more THC when they are growing. Other strains grow specifically to contain very little THC.
- Physical differences: As mentioned above, both look and smell very similar. However, the coloration may vary slightly. Hemp buds can usually be red or purple in color, while marijuana buds are typically a dark purple.
- Legal differences: Another big difference between the two is the legality. While marijuana is only legal in certain states because of its THC content, CBD buds and other CBD products are legal throughout the U.S. as long as the product doesn’t contain more than 0.3 percent THC. However, what that means is different state to state. Check out this guide to see what the restrictions are in your state.
- Usage differences: There is also a difference between hemp and CBD flowers regarding the products they are made into and how they are used. Marijuana flowers are generally dried into buds that are smoked in order for the users to feel the psychoactive effects. Hemp flowers often have the CBD extracted to create oils, edibles, and many other CBD products. The flowers can also be dried and turned into hemp bud that can be smoked for its non-psychoactive health benefits.
Ultimately, both hemp flowers and marijuana (weed) flowers look pretty similar, but they have completely different effects on your body.
What is HEMP flower made of?
A CBD flower grows on cannabis plants. It’s the flowering portion of the plant that blooms once the plant has reached maturity.
The flower contains a variety of different compounds, including cannabinoids (like CBD), flavonoids, and terpenes. While the cannabinoids are primarily responsible for the health benefits you may experience, the flavonoids and terpenes are usually responsible for the aroma, while also contributing to a few of the health benefits as well.
As discussed earlier, CBD flower can contain no more than 0.3 percent THC. And, depending on the strain, the flower often contains around 20 percent CBD.
Does CBD flower give you a body high?
Smoking CBD flower will not cause you to experience a high. Because CBD flower can legally only contain 0.3 percent THC or less, and THC is the compound that makes you feel high, you cannot get high from smoking it.
A body high is different from a head high. Certain strains of THC can cause a body high, which is where your body feels very relaxed and sometimes heavy and sleepy. Other strains affect your mind more, which results in a head high. Characteristics include feeling more social and potentially more or less focused, depending on the strain.
CBD flower doesn’t cause a body high or a head high because it only contains trace amounts of THC. CBD is known for helping you to feel more relaxed, but it doesn’t do this by inducing any type of body high. The calming effects from CBD are not as drastic as you may experience if you smoke marijuana.
How does CBD flower make you feel?
Even though it will not cause you to feel high, taking CBD flower can affect you in a few different ways.
The exact way that CBD affects everyone may vary from person to person, although most experience improved mood and increased relaxation.
Most people report that they feel calmer after consuming CBD flower. Many people also say that they can sleep better and they experience less anxiety as well. There are also a lot of health benefits to taking CBD regularly. Studies have shown that CBD may reduce pain and inflammation, combat insomnia, reduce anxiety, and more.
How do I use CBD HEMP flower?
CBD flower is primarily designed to be taken by lighting the dried bud and smoking it. You inhale the smoke so that the CBD enters your lungs. This inhalation method of taking CBD often leads to feeling the calming effects of CBD very quickly, often faster than other methods.
You can smoke the bud in a variety of different ways. You can use a water pipe, a non-water pipe, or you can even smoke it through a CBD pre-roll (also called a CBD cigarette or CBD joint).
What are the best CBD flower products?
If you want to give CBD flower a try, there are a few different products to choose from. You can either purchase CBD flower as a pack of dried CBD bud that you smoke in a pipe, or you can purchase the flower already rolled into a CBD joint or cigarette. A few of the products we recommend include:
Squish CBD Flower – You can purchase this pack of CBD bud in the 3.5-gram size or the 7-gram size. Many know this brand for its great reputation and great taste. We carry three strains, all with high CBD content, less than 0.3 percent THC (so federally legal) and great aroma.
- Cherry Squish – Squish’s Cherry Squish is a rich powerhouse loved for its great taste and effect. It has an array of terpenes that gives it a pop of sweet stone fruit followed by piney and peppery undertones. At 20.7% CBD, it is some of the most potent CBD flower around.
- Super Rich – The Super Rich CBD Flower is a sativa dominant blend with plenty of citrus notes. 16.9% CBD concentration creates great body relaxation while having the expected uplifting effects of sativa. Great aroma and fantastic effects.
- Cherry Blossom – Squish Cherry Blossom is an indica-dominant hybrid made from combining “Cherry Wine” and “The Wife”. Its very relaxing while at the same time helping to maintain focus. With 20.4% CBD, it is some of the most potent CBD flower around. It has a fragrance of fresh earth and sweet berries.
Savage CBD Flower – Another great option for high-quality CBD flower is this pack by Savage CBD. Again, you can choose between a 3.5-gram or 7-gram option. This flower ranges between 17 to 25 percent CBD and other cannabinoids and contains less than 0.3 percent THC.
Savage CBD Pre-Rolls – Don’t want to use a pipe to smoke CBD flower? These 1.3 gram pre-rolls by Savage CBD are very convenient. They’re great for first-time and long-time CBD users alike.
RAW Classic Emperador Cones$2.99
Squish Super Rich – CBD Flower$16.99 – $109.99
Squish Cherry Blossom – CBD Flower$16.99 – $109.99
Squish’s Cherry Squish – CBD Flower$16.99 – $109.99
RAW Rolling Papers – 1 1/4 Size$2.99
Savage CBD Flower Lifter Sauce$14.99 – $79.99
Savage CBD Flower Richie Rich$14.99 – $79.99
Savage Richie Rich CBD PrerollsProduct on sale
Savage Lifter Sauce CBD PrerollsProduct on sale
Why should I smoke Hemp flower?
There are many different ways to experience the benefits of CBD. A few of these methods include eating CBD edibles, using a CBD tincture, or smoking CBD through a vape pen. Another method is to smoke CBD flower. Smoking hemp flower is a great method for those who like consuming CBD through inhalation.
Inhaling CBD often allows you to experience the calming effects faster than through other methods because the CBD enters your bloodstream directly through your lungs. Taking CBD orally or topically is still very effective, but it often takes a bit longer to feel the effects.
Keep in mind that smoking CBD flower is not for everyone. Many avid marijuana smokers may prefer to take CBD with flower because they are familiar with smoking. However, those who are not familiar with the use of a pipe or lighting a joint may prefer to take CBD through a different form.
If you want to try CBD for the first time, consider trying out a few different products until you find the method that works best for you.
ABOUT – THE GREEN DRAGON CBD
Here at The Green Dragon CBD, we are a family-owned and operated business based in St. Louis, Missouri. Led by our CEO and Founder, Matthew Jadwin, The Green Dragon CBD started in 2019. We operate retail stores to serve our local community and provide easy access nationwide through the online store. Our mission is to empower people to use the right CBD products as part of their healthy lifestyle and to aid with health challenges such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and more. We strive to provide education about CBD products and their potential benefits to our customers. Bring any questions to us and our team will be happy to help you find the best product for your lifestyle.